"Your words have no power to alter the truth. Your perception does not affect any reality but your own... it is your words and deeds that cast your reflection. "

~Luna Jade, musician

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

In the Beginning

Entry for April 17, 2006

In the beginning, I was a fairly happy child. I had most everything I could want or need. Just me, my parents and a couple years after the above photo was taken I had a kid brother. I have mostly happy memories of growing up. Gramma used to live about 40 minutes away from us and we'd spend the holidays at her place. Two Christmases, Easters, and Thanksgivings....who can argue with that. When I first came along, the timin was wonderful because daddy's mommy had lost her husband recently and I was a wonderful distraction for her. Something to get her mind off losing someone so close to her heart. I have memories of a single wide trailor in a park in Baldwinsville, NY that had a small play ground nearby with a horse on chaind so you could swing back and forth on him...or was it a her? Anyhow, I remember loving to get on it and swing and swing....I also remember being terrified of gettin on and off without help. I dont remember too much about the first trailor I lived in with mommy n daddy....some place called Indian Hill... I remember more from after my brother came along. I was about three when he showed up. I remember that trailor we were living in. It had 2 bedrooms and was white. Our bedroom was at the very end and mom n daddy's room was in the middle with the bathroom between us. I remember the bunkbeds, the crib , the toybox, a chiffarobe (low dresser with a small closet attached) and my toy piano that gramma had bought me. There were cupboards above the top bunk that had my games and puzzles and stuff. I remember the free standing freezer in the livingroom that mom always kept locked so we wouldnt get in there by accident. I remember the rocking chair in the corner and the lamp that mommy's daddy had made from eggcrates and marbles hanging above it. I remember the gate she used to keep brother out of the kitchen because he was very possessive and had nearly got burned once because he got underfoot once too often. We had a small yard with 3 or 4 trees in it near the drive and daddy built a sandbox underneath them so we had shade to play in.
Monday April 17, 2006 - 06:32pm

No comments: